I have been most profoundly flanked - Her Grace of Loch Avie and Fraulein Eladrienne Laval have both 'tagged' me, nearly simultaneously, for a word-game being played in Caledonian journals at the moment.
I have been instructed to provide eight facts or habits about myself, then pass the game onwards. Hmmm. I'm afraid most of these won't surprise anyone, but I shall give it a go.
- Despite what my detractors say, I never wanted to be 'Tyrant of Europa', nor any sort of ruler of Europa. I'd much rather be in the laboratory furthering my research.
- I cannot stand the Heterodyne Boys books - I think tolerating wandering players to mock me mercilessly is more than enough tolerance for one man.
- Women with the Spark try to kill me; blonde Sparks make me nearly full-on paranoid before the first attempt.
- Most people don't realise exactly how proud I am of my son, including Gilgamesh himself. My position does not require me to wear my heart on my sleeve.
- I will not talk about my brothers.
- One reason I started visiting Caledon (and ports elsewhere) is to escape the stresses of rulership. The fact that Sparks are thick on the ground, providing a wealth of passive observation for my research, turned out to be serendipitous.
- Although it is not widely know, I do not care if people know I am a construct. The fact that my body was assembled is completely irrelevant to my work - no matter the opinion of the nobility.
- Because of my temper, some people do not understand that bellowing can equal deep concern. Those who do not listen carefully are also those not likely to ever notice the truth at all.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.